Director, Learning & Development
Health & Wellness Partners, LLC (HWP), is a full-service medical communications company that specializes in developing and executing promotional medical education programs. Our vision is to make the world a healthier place through our scientific work and incredible team. By choosing a career at HWP, you will be part of a culture that is committed to making a difference in health care and our communities. We are motivated by providing everyone with a job they love and fostering a culture that is devoted to career growth and employee well-being.
Thanks to the work of every employee, HWP is recognized as a 2019 and 2021 MM+M Best Place to Work and 2020 Inc. Best Workplace. We are proud of our award-winning culture that supports many charitable initiatives, employee health and wellness, and employee career growth.
What You Need to Know
The Director of Learning & Development will be part of the HR team and serve as a strategic partner for all things L&D. You will build and maintain the HWP training program, analyzing training needs, planning an interactive program, creating engaging activities that accelerate the learner’s comprehension and application, preparing others to train, and evaluating course effectiveness.
What You’ll Do
- Identify enterprise-level learning and development needs and develop initiatives and solutions that support transference of knowledge leading to professional success
- Implement innovative impactful learning methodologies consistent with the organization’s strategy and vision that include:
- Analyzing the gaps and determining training specification or curriculum including the who (the audience), the why (the learning outcomes), the what (the content covered), and the how (delivery format/mechanism) of a learning program
- Developing the learning resources with subject-matter expert input
- Implementing the courses and ensuring participation
- Evaluating the process on an ongoing basis and vs industry best practices
- Develop a train-the-trainer program for internal subject-matter experts responsible for facilitating any instructor-led courses and activities
- Monitor and track training KPIs such as completion, competency scoring, and engagement
- Engage managers to assess the impact of the training
- Recommend a system to maintain the training content and data as single source of truth and retention of records
What You’ll Have
- 5+ years’ experience in training
- Proven track record in translating business needs into scalable and impactful enablement solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in adult learning principles
What Does “Success” Look Like?
We want you to have a passion for learning. The ideal candidate will be able to inspire that by modeling a learning mindset and innovative thinking and demonstrating keen organizational, communication, and problem-solving capabilities. We are looking for a “leader” who collaborates effectively cross-functionally and appropriately engages with others.
What We Offer
- 100% employer-paid premiums for employee medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan employer matching
- Eligibility for profit sharing
- Generous PTO, including a week off in December for the holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Multiple employee wellness initiatives
- Leadership development training program and other career development programs
- Remote and hybrid work schedule options
- Salary range: $115,000 – $170,000 annually. HWP expects to hire for this position near the middle of the range.