Deemed one of the best places to work in the health care marketing industry by MM&M, Health & Wellness Partners, LLC, is a full-service medical communications company that specializes in developing and executing promotional medical education programs. We are proud of the career growth opportunity offered to all team members and a culture that supports many charitable initiatives.
We are currently looking for a Medical Writer to join our Scientific and Medical Services Department. This person will work closely with clients, faculty advisors, and the internal client services and medical teams to develop and write a variety of high-quality scientific and medical deliverables. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and writing peer-to-peer slide decks; scripts and newsletters; content for advisory boards; scientific abstracts; posters; manuscripts and monographs; training materials for pharmaceutical sales representatives; copy for websites; and other deliverables
- Managing the medical-legal review process, including document annotation; representing work at MLR meetings; and revising documents in accordance with MLR guidance
- Conducting medical literature searches (eg, PubMed), including developing search strategies and interpreting findings
- Ensuring that content is scientifically accurate and consistent with client strategy
- Providing editorial and art teams with direction and context required for editing, fact checking, and graphic design
- Working closely with client marketing and medical teams to achieve a deep understanding of disease states and brand strategies
- Preparing and participating in company capability and new business presentations.
Candidates are required to have an advanced degree (MD, PhD, or PharmD preferred) with the ability to deliver high-quality writing in a range of styles tailored for different audiences. In addition, we seek someone with:
- 2+ years of promotional medical writing experience; CNS experience preferred
- Experience working directly from CSRs or other primary data sources to create slides and other deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to transform complex scientific information into clear, accurate, organized, and engaging content
- Strong skills in standard business software, in particular Microsoft® Word and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail in ensuring data accuracy