Health & Wellness Partners, LLC (HWP), is a full-service medical communications company that specializes in developing and executing promotional medical education programs. Our vision is to make the world a healthier place through our scientific work and incredible team. By choosing a career at HWP, you will be part of a culture that is committed to making a difference in health care and our communities. We are motivated by providing everyone with a job they love and fostering a culture that is devoted to career growth and employee well-being.
Thanks to the work of every employee, HWP is recognized as a 2019 and 2021 MM+M Best Place to Work and 2020 Inc. Best Workplace. We are proud of our award-winning culture that supports many charitable initiatives, employee health and wellness, and employee career growth.
What You Need to Know
HWP seeks to add a Scientific/Medical Director to our dynamic Scientific & Medical Services team. The Scientific/Medical Director works closely with clients, faculty advisors, and the internal HWP account and medical teams to develop and write a variety of high-quality scientific and medical deliverables.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a scientific subject-matter expert for assigned accounts, supporting the Account Services team with strategy development, the creative team with creative assets, and editorial with their review
- Provide strategic medical and scientific insight to clients and internal team members
- Develop high-quality peer-to-peer slide decks, scripts and newsletters, content for advisory boards, scientific abstracts, posters, manuscripts and monographs, training materials for pharmaceutical sales representatives, copy for websites, surveys, and other deliverables
- Participate in the medical-legal review (MLR) process, including annotating high-quality documents, representing work at MLR meetings, and revising documents in accordance with MLR guidance
- Contribute to the preparation and participation in company capability and new business presentations
- Assign work to in-house and/or freelance medical writers; review work for scientific accuracy, clinical relevance, and client strategy
- Plan and participate in advisory boards
- 10%-20% travel required
What You’ll Have
Demonstrated ability to work independently and produce high-quality deliverables across various therapeutic categories. Lead medical/scientific strategy and content development based on product profile and market dynamics. Build trusted relationships with clients based on your scientific expertise and understanding of client objectives. Other requirements include:
- An advanced degree (required): MD, PhD, MS, MPH, or PharmD
- 2+ years of experience in medical communications/medical writing agency
- The ability to multitask to meet client objectives and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Word, PowerPoint, PubMed
What We Offer
- 100% employer-paid premiums for employee medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan employer matching
- Eligibility for profit sharing
- Generous PTO, including a week off in December for the holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive mental health services
- Leadership development training program and other career development programs
- Remote and hybrid work available
- Salary range: $130,000 – 170,000 annually. HWP expects to hire for this position near the middle of the range
Please note: We will only respond to candidates we deem qualified.